Design Engineer - Darlington - Oil and Gas Industry - Metal Products - £26-£29K (Dependant on Experience)
Relevant experience is required ideally from the oil and gas industry or a heavy engineering background like fabrication or pressure vessels etc. This would include the design of pipe work and specifically 'Signallers and Closures'. An engineering background would be beneficial
Initially this contract is for 3 months period, with the contract reviewed after this period and potentially extended beyond 1 year.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at an established large worldwide, market leading international company on a long term contract.
Currently, we are looking at hiring a Design with 3D Design experience this is essential for the role. (Solidworks 3D is essential). The designer will be expected to produce the initial conceptual design and follow the process to completion and production of a 3D Drawing.
- Work as part of the design team to develop & standardise the product range.
- Utilise design skills and with reference to applicable standards, specifications and parameters, translate specific requirements into design solutions, making maximum use of standard components.
- Prepare Design Data for internal/customer review and/or approval, including pressure calculations, GA and detail drawings in line with the project plan as defined by the Project Manager/Engineer.
- Prepare Inspection, Fabrication and Test Procedures for customer review/approval and/or internal use.
- Use 3D modelling to create detailed component and assembly drawings.
- Maintain drawing control, issue and revision data.
- Create bills of materials, including costing of components and assemblies.
- Issue procurement specifications and instructions for bought-out items/services.
- Completion of design data/drawings, fabrication, inspection and test procedures in line with specification requirements.
- Generate manufacturing information to production, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Support the preparation of final manufacturing data dossiers.
- Assist with the costing of enquiries, as required.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing departments.
- Must have a minimum of two years design engineering experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate, proficient with ERP systems, 2D/3D CAD systems (Solidworks), Design Calculation software and MS Office packages.
- Ambitious, with a will to succeed and to participate in the team at Pipeline Engineering with a view to successful, profitable growth.
- A European language would be an advantage
- Honours degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering or a related subject.
- Candidates should be degree or at a minimum HNC/D qualified and conversant with international pressure vessel and piping design codes, ASME, PD5500 etc.
- £26-£29K (Dependant on Experience)
- 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
- Stakeholder pension scheme (max 4.25% employer contribution) including Life assurance x4 salary
Key skills/Other job titles - Design Engineer, Design Draughtsman, Project Engineer, Design Graduate.
Location - Darlington
If you are interested in this role or want to speak to us about any further opportunities please apply now in the first instance.